Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465
Results 1,281 to 1,288 of 1288

Thread: The Trump 2024 thread...

Thanks

Default Re: The Trump 2024 thread...

Given that the source of “gospel truth “ is divine inspiration, I thought a little self-deprecating humor was in order. My mistake.

In order for successful appeal to be a remedy there has to be a wrongful conviction, agreed? An appellate reversal based upon a denial of certain constitutional rights. The conviction would be overturned, but it can’t erase the history of the deprivation of those rights.
    For example, a reversal on appeal based on the charges violating due process means DST should never have been put through the entire process, including the expense of trial and being prevented from campaigning.. You’re fine with that, or you can’t see the harm caused. I’m guessing you’d be happy to have happen to DST that happened to Ted Stevens, being wrongfully convicted a week before the election and being defeated. All good with you?

Finally, read and think about the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 14th Amendments to the US Constitution. Come back and share any exceptions you find based on whether or not you like a defendant. Until you find some, you and Trump and I are the same in the eyes of the law. If you don’t believe that, you prove why the rest of us are glad those rights are guaranteed.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,366 Times in 1,362 Posts

David Hilliard (founding member and former chief of staff of the Black Panthers), supports Trump and says he's a friend of the black community.

So much for the "racist" narrative.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazoolaw View Post
    Given that the source of “gospel truth “ is divine inspiration, I thought a little self-deprecating humor was in order. My mistake.
    Sorry, sometimes I am bad at detecting humor.

In order for successful appeal to be a remedy there has to be a wrongful conviction, agreed?
    Well yeah, it usually helps to win an appeal if you have wrongful conviction. But I am not sure what your point is. Saying this doesn't mean I am agreeing that such happened in Trump's case.

An appellate reversal based upon a denial of certain constitutional rights. The conviction would be overturned, but it can’t erase the history of the deprivation of those rights.
    true, but it is the only remedy we have.

For example, a reversal on appeal based on the charges violating due process means DST should never have been put through the entire process, including the expense of trial and being prevented from campaigning.. You’re fine with that, or you can’t see the harm caused. I’m guessing you’d be happy to have happen to DST that happened to Ted Stevens, being wrongfully convicted a week before the election and being defeated. All good with you?
    1. who or what is DST? In case you didn't know J is Trump's middle initial.

2. I wouldn't say I am fine it and I can see the harm caused. Again this doesn't mean I agree that Trumps rights were violated. Of course in Trump's case, know that Jan 6 occurred that he said the following:

"I’d be a dictator on day one"

"A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

Among other things he has said and done, it is tempting to be good with anything the prevents such person from entering the oval office and getting control of our nukes.

Finally, read and think about the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 14th Amendments to the US Constitution. Come back and share any exceptions you find based on whether or not you like a defendant. Until you find some, you and Trump and I are the same in the eyes of the law. If you don’t believe that, you prove why the rest of us are glad those rights are guaranteed.
    What you say is ironic considering Trump does not believe we are the same in the eyes of the law. He believes he is above the law. He has a case in the US Supreme Court arguing such.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,366 Times in 1,362 Posts

He [Trump] believes he is above the law.
    You spend a lot of time with Trump discussing what he believes? Maybe you are you a mind reader? or is this simple overly confident conjecture backed up by fictional data?

His case in SCOTUS is about the Presidency, not him. Presidential immunity, not Trump immunity. Any ruling would apply to past and future Presidents. It could also immunize Obama for killing an American citizen with a drone strike, for example.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dneal View Post
    He [Trump] believes he is above the law.
    You spend a lot of time with Trump discussing what he believes? Maybe you are you a mind reader? or is this simple overly confident conjecture backed up by fictional data?

His case in SCOTUS is about the Presidency, not him. Presidential immunity, not Trump immunity. Any ruling would apply to past and future Presidents. It could also immunize Obama for killing an American citizen with a drone strike, for example.
    He's a wise guy, know it all.
    Probably has a degree from a very prestigious university........ .......if you get my drift!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    Among other things he has said and done, it is tempting to be good with anything the prevents such person from entering the oval office and getting control of our nukes.
    ”Other things” tempt you “to be good with anything” which keeps DJT out of the presidency. Anything. Stopping at nothing.
    God save the United States.

Thanks

”Other things” tempt you “to be good with anything” which keeps DJT out of the presidency. Anything. Stopping at nothing.
    And, we are seeing just that......"as we speak."

Thanks

There is a difference between being tempted and giving in to the temptation.