Thread: Kaweco finally released a piston filler

Thanks
    Thanked 2,366 Times in 1,362 Posts

Default Kaweco finally released a piston filler

Here it is. Price is around $160.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 7.31.01 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 7.38.49 PM.png

I haven't quite made up my mind. The blind cap is a cool nod to history (the V16 is the only model without one). The matte/satin finish is a little weird, and something about the shape seems 'off'. I can't put my finger on what it is, but maybe it's that the blind cap isn't tapered like the vintage ones. Don't like that the body is metal (aluminum), and I hate the clip.

The nib is new. Kaweco lists it as a 190, which sounds like Bock nomenclature - but I can't find it on Bock's site. Looks like it's slightly longer, and more in proportion than the 060 they use in the other Sport models.

The price is a bit high, I think, when you can get a Pelikan M200 for $125 or so; but maybe that's just inflation.

-edit-

I don't get the logo insert on the piston knob. Seems it just adds to the manufacturing cost for something you'll almost never see.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 7.41.51 PM.png
    Last edited by dneal; May 15th, 2024 at 06:47 PM.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (May 15th, 2024), Chrissy (May 15th, 2024), Schaumburg_Swan (May 16th, 2024), Yazeh (May 16th, 2024)

Thanks

Default Re: Kaweco finally released a piston filler

Mine is on the way! Can't wait! I have a vintage piston Kaweco, so it will be the perfect bookends to my Kaweco collection.
    "The pen is the tongue of the mind." merge fruit