Thread: Visconti Rembrandt Red Calligraphy Set - Good Deal?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member inlovewithjournals's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Visconti Rembrandt Red Calligraphy Set - Good Deal?

I received an email from Goldspot Luxury Gifts to let me know what their weekly special is: The Visconti Rembrandt Red Calligraphy Set.

The set includes 1 Visconti Rembrandt Fountain Pen with two nibs: a 0.5mm steel italic and a 1.5mm steel italic with converters. Also included is a bottle of ink and a small package of blotting cloths. They claim the regular price is $295 and this weekly special is $120.

Seems too good to be true. I've tried the Rembrandt in my local pen shop and it's lovely. It was also $200 CAD. Even with shipping the Goldspot offer is less than that. I've always wanted a Visconti and I'm tempted. Thoughts? As a relative newbie to fountain pens I rely on the experts here. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
    Check out my blog: http://inlovewithjournals.wordpress.com/

The perfect place for a writer is in the hideous roar of a city, with men making a new road under his window in competition with a barrel organ, and on the mat a man waiting for the rent. - Henry Vollam Morton

2. The Following User Says Thank You to inlovewithjournals For This Useful Post:

Jeph (May 17th, 2014)