Ah I understand the time constraints and it's only adding to the agony. I think where I stay, we're a bit luckier as the demand isn't as high for luxury branded fountain pens, or fountain pens for that matter, compared to you guys in the states. The MB store still seems to have plenty stock of all the models of the 90th line. Instead of the stock being sold out, I can see the only issue we might have is if they get a directive to send back all their outdated inventory back to Germany (I don't know but I assume they do this?). Even though my birthday is coming up, I'm having a hard time justifying the cost of it and the reasoning that someone of my age is worthy of such a pen.

I can only hope that the normal red-gold line due to be out will be as nice (though minusing the nib) and will continue be carried in their catalogues for a long while.

Though it's of my opinion and it may be specific only to the 149, I also kind of wished they placed more emphasis on the box befitting of the Meisterstuck line. Don't get me wrong, I really like the special commemorative sleeve and box labelling as you have already mentioned, I just hoped they had a large squarish presentation box like their normal 149 line that comes with the ink - with the commermorative detailing of course. Am I wishing for too much?