Quote Originally Posted by AltecGreen View Post
Thursday always play out the same. It is usually 1/3-1/2 full with a pick up towards the end of the day. Jon, you left too early on Thursday. By 4-4:30, things were a bit more lively. We did lose a few of the regulars from back east like Paul Erano.

It is true that many people had not arrived or set-up on Thursday but the big money changed hands on Thursday including several large collections. I did 75% of my business on Thursday and that is unusual. In fact, I could have finished all of my pen buying business on Thursday. It was that good.
Yeah, I sort-of knew that about Thurs, but forgot that I hadn't experienced it. Try to remember (or correct me if I'm wrong) that those "big money / large collection" things are mainly involving just a few people who are already in the know, a different kind of beast than browsing through the room. At least to me, I have felt the Thurs activity is for those who are already big players in the collection game, and I'm certainly not part of that.

We'll see what next year brings.

BTW, that totally pisses me off that Paul was there and was gone by the end of Thurs! He was one guy I wanted to hang with, but we had obligations. I'll have to write him, I really find him to be a real inspiration.