Thread: Montblanc 90th Anniversary LeGrand Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Re: Montblanc 90th Anniversary LeGrand Review

Congratulations on winning a gorgeous pen, and for writing a very thoroughly enjoyable review. I have been waiting for this for some time.

I cannot believe how attractive the red-gold trimmings are on this pen, and I'm not really a "rose gold loving" kind of person. But, the red-gold accents actually give this anniversary edition a very specific modern-classic, sleekness that makes it covetable. I wish I earned the kind of salary that would allow for this type of purchase, because it does seem worthy of adding to a collection.

I am so glad that you've enjoyed this pen, and your review speaks to how much you enjoy it. How lucky you are to have received such an opportunity; truly, this pen was meant to be yours. And, you do so much for other people, that it's really nice to see a good person receive a bit of good luck.

Your photographs, as always, are fantastic and really capture the understated elegance that is this unique pen.

Thank you so much for putting the time into such a thorough, and well crafted review. Your writing samples are excellent and also well photographed. This is one of those that deserves to be indexed for future reference. (IMHO.)
    Beware of oblique conclusions.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to klpeabody For This Useful Post:

Laura N (February 6th, 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,021 Posts

Default Re: Montblanc 90th Anniversary LeGrand Review

Quote Originally Posted by klpeabody View Post
    I cannot believe how attractive the red-gold trimmings are on this pen, and I'm not really a "rose gold loving" kind of person. But, the red-gold accents actually give this anniversary edition a very specific modern-classic, sleekness that makes it covetable.
    Thank you, because of course you've expressed my feelings much better than I could. I never have been attracted to rose gold, either, but the first time I saw this in the store I was taken with it. It's warmer and darker than I would have expected, and it turns out to be just that little bit of extra that pushes the pen over the top for me. Without making it in any way over the top. No one I've used this around has even noticed the trim.

You know that Direct TV commercial with the Russian guy with the mini giraffe? This is not a mini giraffe.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Laura N For This Useful Post:

klpeabody (February 6th, 2015)